What is InterTrauma?
InterTrauma is a medical practice and staffing agency based in New York City
that provides general surgeon of extremely high caliber and flexible schedules
to work on projects all over the world.
InterTrauma is the clearing house, and first place to start when you have project that needs a broadly trained surgeon.
InterTrauma has recently provided the following services:
• Locums coverage for trauma and general surgery
• Ringside surgeon for boxing matches
• Ship surgeon on Antarctic expeditions
• Case reviews for insurance companies, attorneys and workman’s compensation
• Developed large population based injury public health projects in Africa
• Worked with the White House Medical Unit to provide trauma surgeon coverage during a presidential visit
• Consulting for art projects, books and extreme performance art
• Taught numerous courses including ATLS©, given surgical lectures in the academic setting, presented research at professional
societies, and given research presentations for non-medical individuals at charity events
• Provided surgeons for volunteer work with NGOs
• Worked with a "start up" company designing unique limb prosthetics
InterTrauma would like to become a “one-stop-shop” for connecting surgeons and organizations with unique needs.
InterTrauma was started in 2009 in response to the “broker fees” charged by traditional staffing agencies. Also, prior to the
development of the InterTrauma network, there was no clearing house for unique opportunities for surgeons.